Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Could it be love?!

Sometimes I get this feeling a warm happy glow kind of feeling when I think about Ngukurr or see photos of it or think of people there. especially when I am listening to recordings of people talking, I have this feeling of suffused joy and I cant help smiling. Isn't it incredible that people all interact with each other.. even in the simplest or subtlest ways share love and connection, even when there is no word that really hints at the kind of joy you have from interacting with people that you love and know well. I can't explain it, but it can make me feel like smiling almost any time if I remember my mami F saying something to me and then breaking out into laughter at her joke, or main nis B squishing up my face, or the way she disagrees with me when I say something wrong. These memories seem so piquant, absorbing and beautiful... like i say I can feel warmth in my body and it makes me smile ( sometimes laugh out loud), what a gift! Thankyou ola Ngukurr mob, you make my life a joy.
Actually come to think about it I have a similar feeling when I think about my nieces, twins, who are just 15 months old. Maybe it is something to do with a communication barrier that makes little nuances and the subtlest of smiles and interactions seem almost unbearably beautiful...


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read your entire blog. Tried to comment, but ended up sending an email... Well it was very interesting to catch up with what a sister's been up to and I think your writing is a pleasure to read. love from Me.

9:01 am  
Blogger Catalin said...

Those little babies look so full of the pleasure of being alive, it makes me happy just looking at them and I don't know them at all.

I think I know what you mean about memories of interactions. I feel like certain memories become discrete memories, like they have frames around them, making them stand out from the general stream of memories. Not that they are static or still images, just that they are in relief and somehow that highlighting allows them to open my heart especially easily.

8:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home