Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Good News

I had some very good news on Friday - the great intelligent people (at the top of a tree somewhere) have awarded me a Fulbright scholarship(!!!!!), and though I have been keeping it in a little box (in my head) and gloating over it (my preciousssssssssss) for a few days and now I thought I would let it loose and I would write it here. My PhD proposal and application have been influenced over the last couple of years by many disussions and interactions with lots and lots of people. And it is exciting that they are culminating so. The scholarship is for a year of study in the US and I am heading off in August next year. :) :) etc.

3 Comments:

Blogger Catalin said...

Congratulations Sophie! That committee made a good decision. I know you will make the most of your opportunity.

Good on ya! (Said in my best Aussie accent, which is pretty crummy but necessary for the phrase.)

11:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo, well done Sophie!
What can I say other than that you deserve it!?
*So* cool...

11:19 pm  
Blogger sophie nicholls said...

Congratulations, Sophie! Thank you for your comments on my blog. I look forward to reading more of your adventures. I guess numerologists would have something to say about the number of interests we seem to have in common! With very best wishes for a fab festive season, from the other Sophie Nicholls.

1:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home