Wednesday, April 02, 2008

In Rainbows

As I walk to uni these days, all the leaves are turning colours. Brilliant yellow and red and rusty coloured, ochres, hundreds of different colours against a very bright blue sky. I really enjoy my walk to uni. Lately I have been listening to Radiohead's "In Rainbows" album. There is a particular song- called "nude" ... I think it is about living in suburbia or something - I don't really know.

At the moment I find the lyrics very soothing.. "don't get any big ideas, it's not gonna happen". The reason I like it is because it reminds me that I just have to do baby steps to get through my thesis. No "big ideas"- I don't have to do one monumental task.. just lots of small little ones. And in the end it will be done!

(by the way - I just read the rest of the lyrics and they don't really apply.... I had only noticed the lyrics that applied to me).

Now I just have to go and read a paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home