Friday, April 10, 2009

Five things I am proud of

I am going to follow yo-yo no more 's lead and try a little positive thinking...

Ok so five things I am proud of this week:

1. I got it together to go to the gym a few times, even though it is cold and I was grumpy. It was a good way to feel better in a non-guilty way (i.e. I wasn't thinking at the same time... I really should get back to working on my thesis...).

2. I really did work on my thesis! Including a presentation on cultural scripts using NSM semantics (I haven't done that for years!). On the other side of the coin, I hung in there with the LFG classes, and gained a preliminary understanding of how LFG works.

3. I forgave myself yet again for not meeting the deadlines I had set, beating myself up about it just paralyzes me into inaction.

4. I learned how to knit, (I soon hope to be knitting something that can be worn).

5. I spelled out, kind of 'read', an entire email in Hebrew, and with help from Eyal, wrote back entirely in Hebrew.

Yeah! This is a cool idea! It made me think about lots of things I have done in the last week, thoughts that weren't recriminations!

Happy Easter.

6 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Pants said...

Oooh I'm so proud of you, the knitting, the Hebrew, the gym, all of it.... You Rock!

1:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you remember the apollo earrings giveaway from leah sakellarides on joanna's blog a few weeks ago?! well leah is giving away another beautiful piece this week on my blog, macaroni club! she is so talented, and so sweet to do this! i'd like to invite you to come visit macaroni club, and if you like this piece of leah's, sign up to win it!
xo... sarah

3:27 am  
Blogger Joie de vivre said...

Isn't Bernie wonderful! I love her positive attitude as well. #4 will come in handy for the winter months.

Here, we are heading into summer, but I know it is the opposite for you. When the weather turns cold, I actually find that an after dinner walk works best for me. It helps combat the laziness that comes with cold weather and early dark nights. Just bundle up and go! You can do it!

Hooray for #2 as well! Little by little, little by little and then you'll be done!

1:17 am  
Blogger ACEsoft said...

Nice blog for new generation


alstair
WordrpessCMS@$150

7:01 pm  
Anonymous Caitlin M said...

Hello sophie, I can't believe i stumbled across your site, it's ironic considering that i was thinking about you just the other day...
How are you, sorry we lost contact over time. I hope to change that maybe.
Lots of love Caitlin and Sister Elizabeth from Ngukurr.

7:46 pm  
Blogger Sophie said...

Hi Elizabeth and Caitlin, I would love to be in touch with you! But how can we communicate? I am on Facebook,maybe we can link up there?
xxx

8:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home